1. How frequently will the entrance exam be held?
The exam will be held three times in a year tentatively in months of June, September/October and January.
2. What is the eligibility criterion?
The only eligibility criterion is that the examinee must have appeared 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination with English as one of the subjects at 10 + 2 level. Nevertheless, it is expected that many of those who are already in education at higher levels and also those working and having qualifications in mathematical subjects would take up the examinations. For example engineering students or professionals, chartered and cost accountants, company secretaries, management graduates, degree holders in mathematical and statistical sciences etc are expected to take this exam. If an examinee passes the examination and subsequently applies for membership, their membership acceptance would be subject to production of attested true copies of certificates that would be subject to independent verification.
3. How much is the registration fee?
The registration fee for the entrance exam is Rs. 3,000 (three thousand only). This covers the cost of one Sample Question Paper, Indicative Solution and Online Exam. The registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor can it be carried forward for the next ACET. You are therefore requested to make considered decision to take up the examination and only then register.
4. What is the mode of examination? Is it online or offline?
It is a computer based examination where the examinees have to be present at their chosen testing centre administered in 24 centres across India.
5. What is the structure of Exam? e.g. Duration, distribution of questions, marks and others.
The exam will have multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question. The exam will be conducted at a pre-selected test centre at a specified time. The exam will be a three hour computer based exam of 100 marks which will have 70 multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question. The allocation of Marks will be as under:
- Mathematics – 30 marks
- Statistics – 30 marks
- Data Interpretation – 15 marks
- English – 15 marks
- Logical Reasoning – 10 marks
The total distribution of questions would be:
- 45 questions – 1 mark each
- 20 questions – 2 marks each
- 05 questions – 3 marks each
6. Will the Question paper have sectional cut offs? What is the Pass mark for ACET Examination?
The Question paper will not have any sectional cut offs. The Pass mark for ACET Examination is 50%.
7. Where can I look for syllabus for the exam?
The syllabus is available on IAI website under ACET Tab.http://www.actuariesindia.org/subMenu.aspx?id=381&val=Syllabus
8. Do the reference books cover the ACET syllabus?
The reference books are for guidance purpose and they may or may not cover the given ACET syllabus.
9. How can I register for the exam? Please mention step by step process, if possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: While registering, kindly use Browsers, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (7+ higher version). Please do not use mobile phone for registration. The fields marked with a red asterisk are compulsory and cannot be left blank.
- Step 1 - Go to IAI website and signup at http://actuariesindia.org/subMenu.aspx?id=4&val=ACET
- Step 2 - Fill up the online registration form and make the payment online. Before you make the payment, make sure all your details are correct because no subsequent changes would be possible thereafter.
- Step 3 - On successful completion of payment, you will also receive an e- mail at your registered e-mail address confirming your registration and successful payment. (Inform us immediately, in case, you do not receive it). Kindly take a printout of your ACET online Registration Form.
10. Can payment be made by any other means instead of online payment?
You can only register for the exam by making an online payment.
11. In which cities are the exam centres available?
The exam centres are available on IAI website under ACET Tab.
12. How do I get my examination Hall Ticket?
It will be available in your login at the below mentioned link:- http://www.actuariesindia.org/ACET%20module/Acet_login.aspx
13. Is there any penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers?
Negative marking has been discontinued from September 2019 Examination. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. .
14. Can I use a scientific calculator during the test? If yes, please give a list of approved calculators for use in the exams.
You can use scientific calculators in the exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
- Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
- Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
- Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
Please note that you will not be allowed to carry any other model of the calculator in the exam centre. From this list, Casio FX82 (ES/MS), Texas Instruments BA II Plus and Texas Instruments TI-30 are available in India. They can be ordered from sites like flipkart.com or ebay.co.in easily by the students.
15. Can we bring writing notepad to the exam centre?
You will not be allowed to carry blank sheets of paper to write. However, these sheets would be provided to you at the exam venue itself. You are not allowed to carry out any paper from the exam room.
16. When will the results be declared?
The results are normally declared within 20 days from the date of the exam. The results would be available on the IAI website.
17. What happens after passing the exam?
If you are amongst the successful candidates, you need to follow the online admission process. (Available on the IAI Website). Note that your membership acceptance would be subject to production of attested true copies of your education certificates that would be subject to independent verification within the timelines specified. Also once your membership is accepted and you receive the student membership ID, you can subscribe for the study material of your selected Core principle subjects online. You can then apply for the Regular Actuarial Examinations. Note: Validity of ACET results is only for three years from the date of declaration of exam result for taking student membership of IAI.
18. How will IAI contact me after registration?
Please see Q9 for details of the registration procedure. If you don’t receive any communication from IAI after the registration process, please contact the ACET Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 022-62433333/3336.
19. Can I select my exam centre and the time of my exam?
You have the choice of the exam centre; but the time slot will be fixed i.e. between 10.00am-1.00pm.
20. Can I appear for a paper based exam?
Currently IAI offers this exam only in a Computer based format.
21. I live outside India. Can I appear for the exam from outside India?
Yes. You can appear for IAI ACET examination. The ACET examination can be taken from any of the centres as notified by the Institute from time to time. The list of centres is available at following link http://www.actuariesindia.org/subMenu.aspx?id=218&val=ACET_Test_Centres
22. In which cities are the exam centres available?
What do I need to carry to the exam centre?
- You will need to carry your exam Hall Ticket in hard copy.
- A Government issued photo Id proof (Aadhar card, driving license, passport, voter ID card or PAN card), in original.
- In case of 12th class students they can carry 12th class exam hall ticket or college ID card having photo duly attested in original.
- An approved scientific calculator (refer Q14) and pens for rough calculations. Note that your entry to the examination hall would be subject to verification of your valid photo ID proof.
The IAI or the exam centre will not supply any of these materials at the exam venue. You will not be allowed to carry out any material other than those specified above in the exam centre. No mobile or any other kind of communication medium will be allowed inside the exam hall. You are not allowed to carry any paper from the exam room.
23. Can an examinee take more than one attempt at this exam?
Students who have been unsuccessful (for whatever reasons) can reappear by registering again for ACET.
24. Who do I contact if I don’t get the email from IAI or if the registration process fails?
Please contact the ACET HELPDESK email@example.com or 022-62433333/3336 at the earliest.
25. Who do I contact for general enquiries if any, not covered by above FAQs in this regard prior to registration?
Please contact the ACET HELPDESK firstname.lastname@example.org or 022-62433333/3336
26. Does institute provides study material for ACET Examination?
Institute does not provide any study material for ACET Examination. However you can refer the Past ACET question papers with solution available under ACET Tab and name of the reference books available under ACET Syllabus tab.
27. What are the specifications for a photograph?
|Upload your recent standard passport size photograph (4.5 cm length x 3.5 cm width) in colour||Do not upload black and white photographs|
|Background of the photograph should be plain white and the dress should be in dark colour||Photograph with dark background or in uniform, or with eyes hidden under coloured or dark glasses will not be accepted|
|Photograph should fit within the given box||Photograph is NOT to be signed|
|Frontal view of the full face should be visible in the photograph||Distracting shadows on the face or on the background should not be there|
|Print of the photograph should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality||Eyes must not be covered by hair.|
|Expression of the face should be natural (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)||Glares on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head|
|Eyes must be open and both edges of face must be clearly visible||Photograph should not be damaged, for example: torn, creased, or marked|
|Minimum photo resolution should be of 150px *150px. Maximum photo size should not be more than 1MB to be saved only in (.png, .jpg, .bmp, .jpeg, .gif, .raw) format||Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly visible|
|Head should be in the centre of the frame and both ears should be visible||Photographs cut from group photographs are not acceptable|
28. Whether 12th appeared student can appear for the ACET examination?
Yes, but after passing ACET, at the time of applying for IAI student membership, the student should have qualified 12th standard.
29. Where can I find the Registration link for ACET Examination on website?
Please go to following link http://www.actuariesindia.org/ACET module/acet_register_form.aspx
30. Is there is any provision of Revaluation or detailed mark sheet of ACET answers sheets?
For ACET Examination, there is no such provision.
31. Is there is any provision of Revaluation or detailed mark sheet of ACET answers sheets?
Please contact to IAI accounts department. Their contact details are available under contact us tab on IAI website http://www.actuariesindia.org/subMenu.aspx?id=66&val=About_us